Funnies Extra!

Fire destroys T-Bones

12/28/11 (Wed)

By Michael Johnson
Editor


An early morning fire destroyed the interior of T-Bones Restaurant and Lounge on Monday, according to the Underwood Fire Department and McLean County Sheriff’s Department. Emergency services were dispatched to the scene after the owner Scott Sackman flagged down a deputy in front of the building at about 12:15 a.m. Sackman told the deputy he was doing paper work in his office that Christmas night when he saw the smoke. Deputy Samuel Lincoln was on the scene and noticed heavy smoke coming from the rear of the building but was unable to enter the building as the front door was locked. Sackman was first taken to the Underwood Ambulance Bay as he was in need of oxygen. It appeared Sackman was suffering from smoke inhalation. He was soon taken to the Minot hospital where he was kept overnight for observation. The North Dakota State Fire Marshal was contacted and later arrived on scene to investigate. The Fire Marshal said Tuesday morning that the fire was still under investigation.