October 28, 2015

Beulah FB recovers


The Beulah Miners’ football team didn’t waste time rebounding from their first loss of the season, and picked up a 42-6 home win over Watford City last week. It could have been easy to worry and drift into thoughts about the approaching St. Mary’s and Valley City game, which would determine the Miners postseason seed, but the Miners didn’t drift.

Beulah went to work early with three fi rst-quarter touchdowns and grabbed a 21-0 lead. The fi rst touchdown was a 1-yard run by Mikey Morris on Beulah’s fi rst possession of the game.

Morris’ run capped off an 8-play, 56-yard drive. The defense also came out strongly and looking to recover from the Valley City setback.

The Beulah defense forced a three-and-out and Beulah’s offense took over with a plan to dominate. Josh Remmick caught a 60-yard pass from starting quarterback Casey Walcker, putting Beulah up 12-0.

After Remmick’s score, Beulah went for two because Morris’ first extra-point attempt of the game was no good. Head Coach Jim Dooley called a QB sneak on the two-point play and Walcker delivered, slithering his way in for a 14-0 lead.

The Beulah defense stepped up again, forcing a fumble and giving their offensive attack a strong chance to score. Matt Krizan capped off a 6-play, 56-yard drive with a 7-yard touchdown run. Morris didn’t miss the point after, making the score 21-0 at the end of one period.

Beulah pretty much repeated their first quarter performance in the second quarter, scoring 21 points. Watford turned the  ball over on downs and Beulah quickly struck, scoring a touchdown in mere seconds.

Cory Alt ran for a 46-yard touchdown, making the score 28-0. After another Watford City turnover on downs, the Beulah offense went to work.

Alt caught a 42-yard pass and Krizan ran in a 16-yard touchdown, making the score 34-0 in the second period. The point after had a shakey hold and failed, which left the score at 34-0.

The last score of the first half was a 20-yard connection between Walcker and Braydon Nelson. Cory Alt ran in a twopoint conversion, and Beulah led 42-0 at halftime.

The Weather Network