A structure that housed fiberglass chimney liner and other unspecified chemicals caught fire Tuesday evening, emitting potentially toxic smoke into the air. The structure was located .25 miles southeast of Leland Olds Station's main generating facility. According to Mercer County Sheriff Dean Danzeisen, 13 area residents were evacuated and about 4 miles of State Highway 200A was closed. There were no reported injuries. See next week's Hazen Star for further details.
If Wall Street woes and $3-plus gas mean anything to you - which it almost surely does - your dollar is precious to you right now. But individuals aren't the only ones feeling the financial crunch, as charitable organizations across the region are also feeling the pinch.
Several area residents were evacuated and part of State Highway 200A was closed after a building that housed fiberglass material caught fire last Tuesday night near Basin Electric's Leland Olds Station, near Stanton.
$700 billion. It's an almost incomprehensible number. Let's attempt to put $700 billion into perspective. It is $140 billion more than has been spent on the Iraq war since the invasion. It could pay for 2,000 McDonalds apple pies for every single American. It is more than $100 for every person in the world. If written out: $700,000,000,000.
Mercer County voters take notice: If you want to vote in the November General Election, you have only two options: Vote by Mail or go to the only polling place in the county the Mercer County Courthouse in Stanton. The polls will be open at the Mercer County Courthouse from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., MDT, Tuesday, Nov. 4.